Monday, March 26, 2012

Food Glorious Food

This weekend I had a life changing experience, I finally had D.P. Dough. My friends from Denver came up to visit me this weekend and they had heard of D.P. Dough so we decided to go there for lunch. I had heard so much about it and how good it was but I had never ventured there. We were all the way over on the other side of campus and decided that it wasn't too far to walk. Normally D.P. Dough isn't that far away but the walk feels a lot longer when it's nice and hot outside. To add to that, my friend thought she knew where she was going and took the long way to get there. Instead of cutting across campus to get there we went all the way around. So when we got there we were hot, thirsty, and very hungry. D.P. Dough serves calzones and personally I'm not usually a huge fan of  them but these were different. They had all kinds of calzones. They had ones with ranch, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, and all kinds of sauces. They had chicken ones, steak ones, and veggie ones. They had a whole page of all the calzones they make. I ended up choosing the Steak BBQ and boy did I make the right choice. It was the best calzone I had ever had and it didn't even taste like a calzone. The heat and long walk was worth the glorious food that I was ingesting. The funny thing is that I would not have tried D.P. Dough if it had not been for my friends. It's funny how hard it is to step out of your own comfort zone but when you do, you sometimes try something that can change your life. I think that's what college is all about, stepping out of your comfort zone and experiencing something amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment