Thursday, December 1, 2011

Drag Show

I recently attended a drag show here at UNC. It was put on by Spectrum which is the LGBTA community here at UNC. They had drag queens from all over come and perform to raise money for Rainbow Alley. They are an organization that is a resource for gay, bisexual, or confused teens. They had veteran performers and they had others that were performing for the first time. They had two acts of the show and served brownies at intermission. The hosts of the show were really funny. One of the host was a drag queen named Cascade Phoenix and the other was a young lady that is a part of the spectrum community here at UNC.
I have never been to a drag show before so I didn't know what to expect. I was quite surprised when the show started. Many of the performers danced in lingerie and lip sync to the songs they choose. All together the show was very entertaining and they raised more than $200 for Rainbow Alley. Personally, I'm heading into my last week of this semester and getting ready for finals next week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment