Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting in Shape

One of my new years resolutions this year was to get in shape and I am on my way. I signed up for group classes at the UNC rec center and so far I have attended three classes. I have done a yoga class, a zumba class, and a TNT class (tummy and thighs). I never thought that working out could be so much fun. One thing I really like about a group fitness class is that your not alone, you have people all around you looking just as silly as you. Yoga was very relaxing but don't be fooled its some hard stuff. It takes strength and flexibility. Zumba is a blast, it's dancing while you work out. So not only did I learn so new moves but I was also getting in shape. Today I attended the TNT work out, which stands for tummy and thighs. You spend and entire 45 minutes working only on your stomach and thighs. That means lots of crunches, lunges, and pain. The work out was at 3 pm and I still feel the burn in my thighs. I'm just worried that when I wake up tomorrow I wont be able to move my tummy or thighs. Even though it was hard I cant wait to try some of the other classes that the UNC rec center has. They have kick boxing, cycling, hard core, lethal legs, step energy, dance fusion, and so much more. Its my goal to try all of the classes offered and by the end of this semester I think I might look like the Hulk, just without the green.

No comments:

Post a Comment