Monday, January 2, 2012

Dorm Life

Happy New Year! As winter break comes to an end, I am in the process of moving back to Greeley. I have to pack everything and get ready for my classes. One thing I do miss about college life is living on campus in the residence halls. There are 17 residence halls on campus and they are all different. There is suite style and community living, there's big residence halls and small residence halls, and we have them on both central campus and west campus. All freshman students are required to live on campus for their first year and after that you can choose to stay or move into a house or an apartment. I chose to live in the residence halls for my sophomore year, and I love it. Moving to college gives you more freedom but you also have more responsibilities. There is no one there to tell you what to do. You are in charge, for some of us this is a good thing and a bad thing. For me it was a good thing. My first year of college taught me so much. I had to learn to manage my time, my money, and I had to learn to be independent. It sounds hard but the process of growing up is so much fun and you learn so much about yourself. That's one of the amazing things about college.

No comments:

Post a Comment